Algorithm Researcher – NLP
London – Hybrid
Profectus are very pleased to have partnered with this applied AI research company who are passionate about creating value through AI research. They solve core business problems in areas like Healthcare, Insurance and finance and are looking for a skilled researcher to join their growing applied research group in an effort to help them to break down some of the problems in mass AI adoption and to support the development of their core product.
● M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline
● Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following domains: NLP, Information Retrieval, Speech, Time Series, or complex tabular data, preferably using modern deep learning techniques.
● Strong software engineering skills and best practices
● Mathematical understanding of machine learning fundamentals with a focus on deep learning
● Fluency in Python, and experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow.
● 2+ years of experience building machine learning models for business application
● Strong written and verbal communication skills Preferred qualifications:
● PhD in a relevant field (desirable)
● Contributions to the research community: publishing papers at top conferences, patents, or open source software
● Interest in general machine learning topics such as explainability, model drift monitoring, multimodal data, modelling data distributions, knowledge distillation.
What you’ll be doing:
● Work in a highly agile team environment with other researchers, engineers, and product managers.
● Design, implement, and evaluate machine learning algorithms to solve the most challenging problems in industry, primarily focusing on NLP, and complex tabular data.
● Stay up to date with the published state of the art, and strive to innovate beyond it.
● Take ownership of the development process and the product components
● Create a tangible impact on the product, and improve our customers’ experience
This role is only open to UK residents with full working rights, any applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be contacted.