Computational Structural Biologist
Profectus have partnered with a MedTech company based in Cardiff who are developing a cutting-edge, leading medical discovery platform. By leveraging machine learning, they are able to predict antigen binding antibodies targets with high affinity.
The client requires an experienced Computational Structural Biologist who is an expert in protein structures, who understands PDB data (including its biases) and protein-protein interactions (ideally antibody-antigen interactions), and can-do structural modelling, molecular docking, energy/binding calculations, and molecular dynamics simulations on proteins. The client is very interested in people who can (or could in working with them) scale up these processes to a high throughput.
My client is absolutely working towards commercialisation, but many of the problems are new and different from what’s out there, so they’ll really value people who can work creatively by drawing analogies to existing works, and iterate quickly in setting up, justifying and testing hypotheses.
- PhD. in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Immunology, or a related field (MSc will be considered with industry experience)
- Strong knowledge of protein structures
- Experienced in analysing antibody-antigen interactions
- Experienced in structural modelling
- Experience in molecular docking
- Energy/binding calculations
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations on proteins
- Understanding of PDB Data
- GCP and AWS knowledge
- Antibody-specific experience
- Machine learning
- Drug discovery experience
- Statistical expertise
As mentioned above, if you have experience with proteins, protein structures, antibody and antigen interactions, structural modelling, molecular docking and molecular dynamics on protein structures then I would definitely like to hear from you! Any candidate who has previously worked in Computational Biology and doesn’t match up perfectly, then still do get in touch.
For more information about this role, the company and benefits, please get in touch on the details listed or hit apply if you have the relevant experience for immediate consideration.