Must be fully eligable to work in the UK
Profectus are working alongside one of the largest financial services copmanies in the world and are looking for an exceptional hands-on data expert.
Our client is looking for some one to assist them in creating a more scalable solution to their pre existing hybrid persistency model based around both an RDBMS and SOLR Index and to offer enhanced analytics. to suppliment this, an architecture migration will be made to Azure.
Skills & Requirements
- Education to degree level in Computer Science or other technical related fields.
- The ideal candidate should typically have 7+ years’ professional experience in working with data solutions
- Good RDBMS knowledge of Oracle/Postgres or equivalent (INGRES a bonus) – SQL.
- NOSQL SOLR/Lucene indexing, Big Data solutions, Analytics – Apache Spark
- Storage on cloud (Azure) and on prem for large structured data sets
- Experience working with data that needs to scale horizontally for numerous microservices
- Ability to diagnose performance and provide optimizations
- Working with Scrum in a multiple scrum team environment
Nice To Have
- Programming knowledge in Java ideally using JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with payment systems such as SWIFT, SIC/euroSIC, SECOM, SEPA, FED/CHIPS,
- Artifactory/Jenkins administration, CD/CI, Build Pipelines
- Experience of Containers and Container orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Hands-on Enterprise level development using Core Java (Java 8 and above) or banking/financial services domain experience.
- Tech lead and line management opportunities possible with this role
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with your most up to date CV!