Director of Analytics / Head of Health Analytics – Bracknell
Profectus is working with a NHS / Healthcare focused SME consultancy that are currently looking to grow their offering, with a unique approach, combining methodology with SPC techniques they are currently seeking a Director of Informatics / Head of Health Analytics.
Before reading on it is worth noting our client are looking predominantly for someone with a degree in Maths or Statistics however they will consider those without if they must have made their career in healthcare analytics.
Additionally the position will involve extensive travel to client sites so you will need to hold a driving license.
- This successful candidate will ideally be a Director or Associate Director or Head of Business Intelligence or Informatics.
- A solid middle management candidate from Informatics ready to make a move to Director level is also acceptable
- The career path will usually have seen them start as an analyst and work their way up the Informatics career path rather than operational management
- They will have been responsible for the reporting outputs from a Data Warehouse or health informatics systems
- They will have been responsible for the strategy for delivering information to their Trust rather than programmes and policy on the provision of care
- Having provided Informatics strategy to support transformation or clinical redesign of pathways is an added bonus
- A working knowledge of different analytical and modelling techniques and approaches is essential
- Work knowledge of application SPC techniques is highly desirable – but a basic understanding of SPC is essential
- Take a lead on high profile projects where they will lead the analytical approach and do much of the analysis themselves as well as supervising a team of analysts doing more basic work
- The other focus is experience in the Acute sector. Wider experience is helpful but not if it comes instead of the Acute sector. Someone who has spent their career in a single speciality; i.e. has been in Mental Health Services all their career, would not have the detailed knowledge of pathways, processes and related data and informatics in a large secondary care provider.
What will you be doing?
- Driving insights, change and evidence interventions to provide long-term improvements and services.
- Working on senior client facing projects and taking the lead when consulting opportunities.
- Working on large data sets and recommending areas of improvement as well as implementing these into the business.
- Assisting and moulding the improvement processes and well as managing the changes
- Assimilating client business operations and developing test hypotheses.
- Building relationships with clients on various levels; i.e. Executive, Clinical and analysts within the team.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position please apply ASAP for an immediate response.