Profectus are looking for an Electronics & Firmware Engineer with a blend of Hardware and Software experience to join our making leading client in the Maritime industry. While a once monthly minimum visit to Hull is required – remote working is an option.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in microcontroller-based product development, covering electronics hardware and embedded firmware, with a proven record of re-engineering existing products. Familiarity with wireless/radio embedded product design and basic RF engineering is an advantage.
We’re seeking a dedicated, self-motivated engineer passionate about making a meaningful impact in maritime safety. The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team is crucial.
- Proficiency in C/C+ on ARM-based microcontrollers
- Expertise in Embedded RTOS and Bare Metal (no OS) firmware development
- Hands-on experience with Altium PCB design
- Proficient in firmware coding for ultra-low power sleep-modes
- Familiarity with GNU development tools
- Positive attitude and a can-do approach
- Experience in engineering RF products
- Familiarity with SiLabs Simplicity Studio
- Design experience for compliance with Radio product standards
- Knowledge of design for EMC compliance
- Understanding of wireless communications protocols
- Knowledge and experience in relevant environments
If this sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV for immediate consideration.