Infrastructure Team Lead
This is an exciting new opportunity as an Infrastructure Team Lead with a fantastic company based in Exeter.
The Infrastructure Team Lead is a technical and leadership role, focusing on providing the smooth running of a number of IT hardware systems. The successful candidate will lead and manage a team of highly skilled engineers managing multiple concurrent tasks with varying technologies.
The role will involve:
- Managing physical server and storage infrastructure to ensure all systems function as required and meet the targeted Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring internal and external applications and associated infrastructure are functioning correctly, by undertaking proactive monitoring and analysis, resolving problems and escalating as appropriate.
- Working with other Analysts in maintaining Information systems in accordance with agreed priorities and standards.
- Investigating user requirements for application and infrastructure changes, design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Regularly analysing systems to ensure that they are capable for future planned capacity and functionality.
- Supporting IT Development processes in the provision of new of improved products and services.
- Providing input on Technical Architecture in order to continuously improve all elements of their IT Infrastructure.
- Contributing to major systems projects providing input into Systems Development.
- Conducting development and implementation tasks for Landmark systems including project planning, analysis, designing, programming, testing and debugging.
- Conducting analysis of the systems requirements of the organisation producing requirement specifications as needed and undertaking evaluations of software options.
You will be a strong communicator with excellent problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and commitment to quality with the ability to work under pressure.
You will also have/be:
- Strong experience in a technical support and implementation role, with experience providing 3rd level support in a similar field.
- In-depth experience in technical support encompassing varying hardware and software platforms.
- Windows OS maintenance, including software rollout procedures, Web administration, Active Directory Security, Group Policy configuration, Antivirus setup and management, Backup software setup and management.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving website faults in the above technologies.
- Experience on providing helpdesk style technical support to internal and/or external users.
- VMWare ESX Administration skills.
- Storage Technologies such as ; EMC VNX, NetAPP, IBM, EqualLogic.
- Ability to understand user requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Varied Windows and Linux Operating Systems administration skills.
- Experience running IAAS in Azure or AWS.
- Microsoft 365 and Exchange email technologies.
- High Availability / Fault tolerance /Software Load balancing strategies/Hardware infrastructure fault tolerance experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Infrastructure Team Lead to work with a brilliant team within a wonderful company which has great company culture and character.