Our client is seeking an experienced IT Service Manager who is well-versed in the ITIL Service Management methodology and its integration into the software development cycle or fault rectification process. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of digital transformation projects, with a particular focus on big data and software production. They should be capable of applying their expertise to analyze performance and plans using various methodologies.
As an IT Service Manager, you will be responsible for effectively managing software development projects and service desk operations using tools such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Trello) and Service Now. Additionally, you should possess proficient project management skills, with a proven track record in Waterfall acquisition or Agile development methodologies.
Experience in executing or managing SCRUM-like ceremonies and understanding sprint planning, “definition of ready,” and “definition of done” in collaboration with Product Owners is crucial. You should feel confident in discussing resource estimation in terms of people, money, time, or Agile concepts.
Furthermore, the successful candidate should have experience in developing Management Information (MI) from the toolset and implementing qualitative and quantitative data to inform decision-making. The ability to weave MI reporting into suppliers’ value chains through mentorship and contractual means is essential. You should also be comfortable engaging with Enterprise toolset architects to develop MI reporting features. Additionally, experience collaborating with Data Analysts (DA) to create visual analytical presentations, such as PowerBI, is highly desirable.
In this role, you may lead both internal and supplier teams, working closely with the CTO, Programme Manager(s), and Head of Delivery. An ideal candidate will have a professional approach to IT Service Management throughout the delivery phases and possess expertise in the scrutiny of major public sector procurement.
Adaptability to work within the directed IT Service Management methodology of the client is crucial. Building your own network of contacts, sharing knowledge, and networking for mutual benefit are also encouraged. We value fast learners who are willing to take risks and get things done.
- Work planning and accounting using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, and Service Now.
- Organizational definition and management using DDaT or ITIL V4 ontology.
- Project management methodologies, including Agile, Scaled Agile, and Waterfall.
- Scheduling using Microsoft Project or Primavera P6.
- Conducting risk and impact assessments.
- Value Chain analysis and development using ITIL V4 and Agile methodologies, integrating client-provided toolsets like JIRA.
- Familiarity with International Standards such as ISO 20000 Service Management, ISO 25100 Project Management, ISO 26515 Systems and Software Engineering (Agile), ISO 12207 Systems and Software Engineering Lifecycle, and ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Systems.
- Awareness of ISO 27000 Information Security Standards and Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
- Ability to make all stakeholders feel valued.
- Confident in stewarding stakeholders through active listening and collaborative planning.
- Experience in following appropriate financial procedures to monitor contracts and ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Desire to become a champion of time planning using the SVGC resource accounting tool.
- Strong ability to contribute as a team member supporting other workstreams.
- Strong analytical skills for project performance analysis and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on configuration control and proactive documentation.
- Willingness and ability to obtain UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum requirement.
- Comfortable inviting challenge and involving others in decision-making, when appropriate.
- Ability to identify and address team or individual capability requirements and gaps for successful project delivery.