Profectus Recruitment are working in connection with a global presence digital marketing and software development agency based in Macclesfield who is seeking an experienced PHP Developer to their growing and dynamic team.
£30,000 – £50,000 a year
Are you a talented, seasoned PHP web developer, with strong people management skills?
Fancy joining one of the UK’s fastest growing, most exciting digital marketing agencies?
A rare and truly exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic, fast moving digital marketing/software development team based just outside of Manchester. Working primarily within the financial services sector, we are an international lead generation firm who drive significant traffic to our brands via Google, Facebook and other popular platforms.
Use clever, sophisticated technology to manage every aspect of our business, all of which is collaboratively designed and crafted in house by our awesome team of software developers.
Our client is looking for a sharp, talented PHP developer to join them. The ideal candidate must be capable of turning projects around skilfully and efficiently, but perhaps more importantly, be capable of managing other members of the team in tandem, to ensure that projects are completed on time and to a very high standard.
- Highly capable PHP programmer
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to time keep, work independently and as leader of a team
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for web technologies
- Experience with MySQL / MariaDB
- Experience of source code control (e.g. Git / SVN)
- Experience of design patterns (e.g. MVC)
- Experience of frameworks (both PHP and HTML5 based)
- An interest in mobile development
- Ideally educated to Masters level or hold other professional technical accreditation’s
The position will provide exposure to all aspects of the business, where your opinion and input will have a significant impact.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the management of team, as well as developing and maintaining our websites, in-house backend systems and other bespoke applications, in addition to implementing APIs, working with other team members to build new innovative products and services for both desktop and mobile.
The successful candidate will hit the ground running, and be expected to get deeply involved and ultimately take ownership of various projects.
Self-motivation, a keen interest to learn and timekeeping will all play a vital role in the work you do, and through your innovative approach to problem solving you will influence the technologies and direction the business takes throughout.
Please ensure that you include descriptions of your previous experience in your application. Links to work viewable online would be advantageous but is not required.
What They Offer
- Fun, super interesting work environment.
- Housed within a super cool custom built tech centric new office.
- Career progression (our last graduate recruit is now a director!)
- Continual support.
- Frequent trips to Google and Facebook offices/seminars.
- Office target-based bonuses
- Frequent team days/nights out (at least 1 per quarter)
- Free tea/coffee/soft drinks and snacks.
- The occasional Domino’s pizza and beers on a Friday!
- PHP Development: 3 years (Required)
- OOP: 1 year (Required)
- Mysql/MariaDB: 2 years (Required)
If you feel this could be the role for you then please apply asap for immediate consideration!