Profectus Recruitment is partnered with a Global Software Organisation who is recruiting for a Senior Software Developer whose expertise lies mainly with Java but is compensated also with C++ experience/appreciation. The role would mainly be utilising Java but elements of the position require you to work with C++.
The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team’s self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. The successful engineer will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions, and a demonstrable understanding of the software lifecycle. You will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
This role will include some, or all, of the following so experience with the below would be advantageous:
• Design, develop and support software in C/C++/Java
• Develop code to support data handling interaction with Cloud services
• Develop speed critical code interfacing with custom hardware, including a hardware-based file system.
• Develop code to provide and enhance file sharing protocols such as NFS and SMB
• Work within an agile scrum team
• Design and implement software unit tests
• Work with support engineers to diagnose and resolve escalated customer issues
• Work alongside test engineers to ensure good automated regression test coverage of product functionality
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate will match with some, or all, of the following
• Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience
• Strong Java
• C/C++ programming knowledge and experience
• Experience of working in the Python language
• Experience of programming in a multi-threaded environment
• Experience with one or more of the following: File systems, Cloud Object Storage (e.g. AWS S3), TCP/IP, NFS, CIFS/SMB, FTP, HTTP, iSCSI, Kerberos, LDAP
The position is an interesting role working on complex systems. If you feel your skillset is relatable and you are keen to learn more please apply for immediate consideration. The company offer a very rewarding bonus and benefits package with the flexibility of working remotely also if this is a preference