Profectus Recruitment are working in connection with a company based in Cambridge who are currently in the market for a developer who has experience in the Bioinformatics field to join their team.
Our client are seeking a Software Developer to join their fast-growing team and support the development of intelligent and automated in vitro diagnostic (IVD) software. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of a pipeline of cloud-based software tools for immune-mediated disease management. This is a unique opportunity to apply your software development skills to the entire product development lifecycle of IVD software in a new and progressive environment. If you enjoy playing a principal role in developing innovative software solutions and have a desire to contribute to the development of a product which will transform clinical management of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, then this is the role for you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires:
– MSc in software development (or equivalent) or BSc in software development (or equivalent) plus 3+ years relevant industry experience
– Demonstrated programming fluency (e.g. python, C, java)
– Sound understanding of a structured software development life cycle
– Extensive knowledge of UNIX based operating systems
– Experience with cloud-based technologies (ideally AWS)
– Bioinformatics/computational biology
– Experience of designing and executing software tests within a software validation framework
– Prior experience developing software in a regulated environment (experience of ISO 13485/IEC 62304 a bonus)
– Prior experience analysing gene expression data (knowledge of analytical tools including R and Matlab a bonus)
The candidate will possess:
– Bioinformatics/Computational biology qualification
– Exceptional communication skills
– Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines
– Flexibility and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
If you feel this could be a role you can see yourself in, then please apply for immediate consideration!