Profectus Recruitment is partnered with a Global Software company who is hiring for a Software Development Manager to join one of their UK teams on a permanent basis.
The client is looking for someone who is currently acting as a Technical Lead looking to progress into a Software Development Manager role. You will be expected to have basic management skills, including technical leadership or people management as well as strong experience with design, development and debugging within a Linux environment.
You will be joining a team currently implementing new/modern software. The position initially will see you lead a small team where you can grow your leadership skills while remaining hands on developing with C++ 50-70% of the time. The technical aspects of the role require the ability to work in various areas of low-level software such as networking and storage software. The role is very broad and will encourage you to grow as a leader whilst remaining technical.
- Understanding and implementing product requirements
- Implementing automated unit test cases
- Participating in bi-directional code reviews, design discussions and task breakdowns.
- Collaborate with teammates in an agile software development lifecycle
- Provide career guidance and annual performance reviews for team members
- Maintaining one on ones with team members
- Provide code reviews
- 6+ years C/C++ Development with
- Network or Storage or Embedded or Hardware experience
- 1+ years as a Technical Lead or similar
- Strong experience developing within the Linux Environment
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
If you feel you could be suitable, please apply for immediate consideration. The role offers the great natural progression into a Software Development Management role. The role is especially interesting if you want to remain hands on working with C++ whilst leading a small team.