Profectus Recruitment is partnered with a Global Technology organisation who are recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The role sits part of an experienced team who adopt a hybrid working model with 2 days week based out of the clients HQ in Bracknell, Berkshire.
What you bring to the team;
The client is looking for candidates with a selection of the skills listed below, understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies such as networking, firewalls and VPN management, and Linux and Windows administration experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
- Updating of legacy systems to modern standards
- Ensure the smooth and secure running of the teams IT infrastructure and development environment
- Work / liaise with teams and departments inside and outside of the Engineering Team (e.g. DevSecOps, Corporate IT, IT security) – in order to ensure compliance with corporate standards
- Advance security best practices within the team
- Develop and/or source internal applications as required by the engineering teams to develop products and resolve customer issues
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Strong administrative experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong TCP/IP networking experience, along with enterprise grade VPNs and firewalling
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience in, scripting languages such as Python and Ruby.
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Ability to work in a team and interact enthusiastically with others
- Self-starter, love of learning, inquisitive mind, openness to new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail and adaptability to change