Profectus Recruitment is partnered with a global Fintech organisation who are recruiting for a skilled Database Administrator to join a highly talented Storage team. In this role, you will leverage your extensive experience to ensure the scalability, security, and resilience of the clients Postgres databases. Working closely with the team, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the security, integrity, and seamless flow of information for their high-traffic online trading platform.
The Storage team is responsible for research and development projects, as well as production support activities related to in-memory caches, relational databases, and long-term storage. With expanding operations, they need individuals like you to contribute your knowledge and engineering expertise to enhance scalability, performance, security, and disaster recovery. The team work a hybrid working model with 2 days a week based out of the clients Central Reading office.
- Manage technically challenging and fast-paced tasks
- Collaborate closely with team leaders to align with strategic goals
- Assist in planning and prioritising team work
- Mentor and support the growth of junior team members
- Proactively monitor and innovate storage solutions to meet increasing demands
- Collaborate with team members across different time zones
- Excellent software development skills with recent experience in PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in Linux system administration on AWS/GCP
- Extensive experience with large, high-performance, and highly available databases
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- University degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Desire to stay updated with Postgres and Linux communities and best practices
If you feel you could be suitable and are keen to learn more please apply for immediate consideration. The client has a well structure interview process and are able to move quickly.