Profectus Recruitment is pleased to be partnered and representing a Global Software company, a household name globally in their pursuit for a number of new Senior Software Engineers. These requirements could see you join a number of teams, some existing and some new.
The client is looking for Software Engineers with an excellent background in design, development and debugging within a Linux environment. One of the teams are currently implementing new storage systems for modern software so a background within storage appliances and or enterprise storage systems would be advantageous. The company are an advocate for personal development and career progression, they will offer you the chance immediately to upskill in the most recent software defined storage technologies.
Daily tasks you can be expected to carry out;
- Understanding and implementing product requirements via new and existing technology stacks.
- Develop code to provide and enhance file sharing protocols
• Implementing automated unit test cases surrounding your code.
• Participating in bi-directional code reviews, design discussions, and task breakdowns.
• Collaborating with teammates in an Agile software development lifecycle
• Expanding your knowledge of new storage technologies and the software behind them.
Essential skills required;
• Current, hands-on experience of C / C++ software development ideally in storage appliances and/or enterprise storage systems.
• Strong experience developing software within the Linux environment, e.g.: general administration, kernel interaction, networking, scripting languages, development tools etc.
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Active participation in a modern/distributed team environment.
The client are experiencing high growth at the moment and given the variations of teams this role can offer remote working. If you are based in and around Bracknell there is an office that you can work from if an office environment suits you better. The client are very flexible and want to secure talented and experienced Software Engineers and will happily move the process along quickly to align themselves to other potential opportunities you may be pursuing.
If you are interested and keen to learn more, please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.
Software and skills involved in this requirement;
Linux, C++, file system, metadata, replication, distributed file system, block storage, SDS (software defined storage) NAS (network attached storage) SMB, Samba, NFS, POSIX, Object Storage, op-locks, ACLs, locking, versioning, snapshots, replication, caching, clustering, multi-threading