Profectus have a brand-new requirement for a Senior Software QA Engineer to join its household name client whose flagship office is based in Bracknell. The position is fully remote but would require infrequent office visits for testing in the lab. The department is responsible for the ongoing evolution of their portfolio of enterprise storage products building the new features and functionality that keeps their storage market leading. They collaborate as part of a truly global team with members in the UK, US and India. The Bracknell based team are a small, close knit team of approximately 30 that work in AGILE/SCRUM teams on their Network Attached Storage platform that is a key component in the clients product portfolio.
Key duties will include
Working as a key member of a small scrum team (5-8 depending on the project) you will own the Quality Assurance and your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Design and implementation of automated tests in collaboration with other engineers
• Creation and execution of adhoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
• Supporting and maintaining automated testing infrastructure, suggesting and driving improvements where possible
• Testing software across the stack (embedded C++, APIs, management applications and user interfaces).
- Experience programming in Python (for QA)
- Experience both with Automation & Manual testing
- Test / defect management systems e.g. JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center
- Version control – e.g. Git, Mercurial
It would be a big advantage if you have worked on any NAS, Storage Systems, STB’s, Set Top Boxes etc.
- Unix/Windows client/server environments
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate with a global player, if it sounds like you and you have a solid background in QA with Automation and Python then please apply for immediate consideration.