Profectus Recruitment is working with a global network and storage technology provider to recruit a new Software QA Manager on a permanent basis. This is an exciting position that has been newly created and offers great responsibility and autonomy to the successor.
The client is looking for someone who can understand the entire process of creating valuable software and be involved with the complete development-test-cycle. You will be expected to lead a team of QA professionals in the creation of automated system level tests as well as providing infrastructure design and process to drive the QA process throughout the team in various scrums.
Initially the position will be partly hands-on but moving to a higher level of responsibility as the project matures. The successful applicant must understand how to organise the test process and use automation to deliver the desired quality. You will have experience managing people as well as strong technical leadership. You will be interacting with a team of developers, test developers and senior managers to play a key role in shaping the design, testing and integration of prioritised work. As the QA Manager this will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing testing to ensure the quality of the product. Great judgement of selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions is essential.
- Technically lead a QA team who focus on integration, stress, performance and final system validation
- Lead a team of 8 QA Engineers
- Provide direction and process to other QA members
- Drive test case management
- Design and implement automated tests
- Create and drive execution of ad-hoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
- Produce and maintain high quality documentation
- 5+ years leading QA Development at manager level
- 2 years managing people and the hiring process
- Significant programming in Python and some exposure to Selenium
- Experience with automation infrastructure
- Tools experience
- Test defect management systems
The role is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a position with great responsibility. The client in question is growing at pace currently so you can expect the team to grow also. If you are interested, please apply for immediate consideration.