Profectus have a brand new opportunity for a VP of Engineering with a Rapidly expanding FinTech organisation who are taking massive leaps globally. You will have the opportunity for international travel to attend key meetings.
One of the major selling points for this role is the autonomy and responsibility that comes with this level of hire. The first requirement would be to open a completely brand new office in the Thames Valley region (successful applicant will guide the client on this) and grow it from that point forward with the immediate expectation of hiring 20 new senior technical professionals over the next 3-6 months.
This position will suit someone at the Software Engineering Manager level looking for a step up or an established VP of Engineering looking for an exciting challenge of shaping and building a key area of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Own a road-map for developing products and services that require enhanced scalability, performance, security, and disaster recovery.
• Recruit and onboard an experienced team of software developers, software architects, and DevOps engineers.
• Collaborate with other offices, management, and cross-functional teams.
• 15+ years of managerial work experience
• Leadership and managerial skills
• Experience in software architecture and system design
• Software development experience in Perl, C++, PHP, Python, or other languages
• DevOps experience in AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Chef.
• Database knowledge with PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate with a global player. If it sounds like you and you have a solid background in building, leading and succeeding please apply now with your latest CV.