Profectus Recruitment are recruiting for a VP of IT Security on a permanent basis. This opportunity is working for a scaling Fintech organisation who have just opened up brand new offices in Reading, where you will work from their brand-new office space 2-3 days a week. The company currently have over 1000 employees and are now focused on growing their UK function taking the business from strength to the strength. Currently in the UK so far, they have hired Principal Engineers, Senior Engineers, Technical BA’s, Cloud Infrastructure Engineers, Devops Engineers and Security Engineers. Principal level hires also are required to manage some of the team and this is to be expected also with the VP of IT Security role given it is a Principal level hire.
At present the company have 25 security engineers in their team.
The VP of IT Security role is an important role to the business and requires well rounded experience in the world of IT Security. As the VP of IT Security, you will be responsible for leading a security team, managing 1200 endpoints, 200 on-prem and cloud applications, and several hundred servers across 5 continents. It is important to note that in this role the client would favor someone who remains very technical and is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get hands-on from time to time.
- Create and implement IT security vision, strategy and roadmap that keeps the business secure and competitive.
- Manage and grow a global team of roughly 25 security engineers, researchers and analysts.
- Achieve and maintain level 4 in security and maturity model.
- Manage and lead a security team
- Implement security best practices across the organisation and product
- Ensure that all endpoints, applications, and servers are secure and protected against cyber threats
- Oversee the management of the company’s cloud infrastructure
- Implement automation and containerization to ensure a secure and efficient environment
- Conduct penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and implement solutions
- Conduct code reviews to ensure all code is secure
- Work closely with other teams including IT administration, AIM, disaster recovery, Devops, Winops and engineering to ensure that IT security becomes part of the DNA of everything the company does
- Manage relationships and communicate daily with C-level and stakeholders
- Be hands-on at times to provide technical support to the team
- Overcommunicate the need for security at every opportunity!
- 10+ years managing security teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Exposure to compliance and regulatory frameworks (e.g., SOX, NIST, ISO 27001, PCI DSS)
- Exposure to Penetration Testing
If you feel your expertise and skills align to the requirement then please do apply for immediate consideration. Alongside a technically challenging and engaging role you will also be involved in the immediate growth of the UK team and security workforce.